Sunday, February 13, 2011

Excel Project

I found the excel project to be one of the most knowledge acquiring projects I have completed through out my college career.  We were instructed to reformat, add numerous data, and create multiple pivot tables to an existing excel spreadsheet.  I believe that the main reason why our instructors assigned us this project, is to become more knowledgeable about the many features that Microsoft excel has to offer.

Throughout the reformatting stage I used various different skills that I learned by watching  the Excel lectures.  For Instance renaming the spreadsheets, applying the use of freeze panes, adding and modifying columns & rows, editing numbers (changing Decembers to fractions, and even modifying number of decimals for each number) and most importantly using the different formulas in Microsoft Excel.
Attached: Pivot Table (Average heart rate increase)

I found the second part of the project to be challenging.  I have never done a pivot table before and prior to the lectures  I didn't even know what a pivot table was.  We were instructed to create two different pivot tables.  The first one was on target heart rate being achieved, and the second was on the average heart rate increase.  Both pivot tables were based on gender testing both male and female.  Even though we were only instructed to create two pivot, I made a few of my own just to get a better feel for the pivot tables.

Overall the excel project was great.  It was time consuming but well worth it.  It has thought me many useful excel functions in an easeful manner.  I am determine to teach my mother what I have learned throughout the process of completion of this project which I am sure will help her and her small business.  I believe that Microsoft Excel is a superior spreadsheet software and cant wait to learn the rest of its uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment