Sunday, March 6, 2011

Web 2.0 Project




Self Critique


I felt the presentation was consistent with the theme. It began by indicating there is a organization that was not an earthquake relief program, which is what usually comes to mind when one thinks of donating money to Haiti. The description was sequential in that sense that I spoke about HCS, its beginning and what they do to help communities in distress.
I believe that I made valid claims and answered most if not all question before the audience had the ability to ask.  I started the presentation with a question to grab the audiences attention.  I believed that I avoided clutter by only showing simple text and by displaying one if not two pictures most per slide.   My only downfall is that I had a few slip ups while narrating the slides by stuttering.

What I Learned

First of all I have become an expert on the non profit organization of HCS.  Also I have learned many new web 2.0 features, prior to this project i have never made a video.  I had to find a screen capture program, manipulate the settings to perfection, and finally upload it on youtube.  In fact I spent a lot of my time trying to figure out how to operate the screen capture program (CamStudio).  Overall I believe the project was a great learning experiance, and it has motivated me to make my own personal tutorial videos and upload them on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment